| Satellite Tagging |
Observation Map - Summary
Distance Generator from any two points
1. What is the normal habitat for a blue whale?
2. What precautions must be made in working with satellite positions?
3. How far does the blue whale travel in a day? Is it the same everyday?
4. What is its "range of movemennt" in a day? a week? a month?
5. Does the animal frequent a particular location more than others? Depth contour? other?
You can use these Anaylsis Tools:
to make maps and to plot coastal movements of satellite tagged marine mammals using latitude and longitude, to track your course using a GPS with your powerbook on a whale watch boat, and to save your data and sighting information on land or near shore whale watching coastal areas.
WhaleNet Home Page