Satellite Tagging |
1. What is Wadadli's heading? overall? between each fix?
2. How many miles does it travel in an average day?
3. How fast does a seal travel?
4. Do you see a pattern to the data or travel path?
5. Where do you think Wadadli should be going? Why?
6. What is the normal habitat for this seal species?
7. Why do you think some of the satellite positions (fixes) seem to be conflicting or inaccurate?
8. What precautions must be made in working with satellite positions?
The Data Anaylsis Tools can help you make maps and find distances. The Distance Generator can calculate the distance between two points or satellite fixes and the compass heading that the turtle traveled.
Wadadli Data Sheet
Distance Generator from any two points